Friday, February 18

Britney Hold It Against Me video


Oh man, oh man, where to start with this one?
After all the hype and build-up for this video and Britney's subsequent comeback, I must say that the final product for this vid left a good bit to be desired. I don't want to come across as one of these bullshit bloggers that just trash and tear down something for the sake of tearing it down, I am genuinely a bit befuddled by this one.
Basically there are just some things that I thought would be a given for this vid that felt like they fell a little short.

  • For such an upbeat dance track, there wasn't as much dancing as I anticipated; I mean wasn't Britney supposed to be one of the better dancers from the late-90's pop era?
  • If you're not going to do a dance-heavy video for this one, I thought that the little Dubstep breakdown section of the track would kick into some badass choreography but instead there's inter-cut video of a silhouette dance section, Blue Britney va. Red Brit and Britney shooting colored paint at monitors...huh?!?
  • Why are all of the monitors playing her old videos?? I figure there's a level of subtext and/or symbolism here, but for the life of me, I have no idea what it actually represents. "/
  • What's the deal with the bright red, Rocky Horror-esque lips throughout certain parts?
That's all I can come up with at the moment; and anyone who can help shed some light, it'd be really appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment